The other day, my wife couldn’t get her Garmin Edge 500 to calibrate with her Power2Max power meter. It just hung on the “calibration” screen with a bunch of dashes.
She tried spinning up the crank to wake up the power meter, re-starting the Edge 500, just about everything she could think of. Finally, we came up with a super-quick fix!
Here’s how to get your Garmin Edge 500 to calibrate with your power meter quickly, in a matter of seconds:
- Make sure your Garmin Edge is OFF
- Put on your heart rate monitor (make sure it’s ON and transmitting)
- Give your crank a good 4-6 spins to wake up your power meter
- Turn on your Garmin Edge
- You’ll see the screen that says “Power meter detected. Calibrate?”
- Select YES and watch as it calibrates in a matter of 3-4 seconds!
There you have it! Let me know if you continue to have any issues with calibration or if this was the fix. Have a great ride!